Thursday, January 20, 2011

Unto the Hills by Billy Graham

Unto the Hills by Billy Graham is a must have in anyone’s library.  In typical Billy Graham fashion I am uplifted, challenged, forgiven and blessed each day.  It is a daily devotional book that covers an entire year.  Each day begins with a Bible verse and then a short story about an experience that Billy Graham or someone close to him may have had that applies to the verse.  It finishes with a very simple but poignant prayer that you can feel bringing you closer to God. 
For me, the stories that he shares are somehow very applicable to life situations that I currently have going on.  He focuses on the positive in each situation and reminds you to do the same and to always be aware of God’s presence in your life.  This book has allowed my husband and I to communicate about things that are going on in our heads that sometimes you cannot find the right words to express exactly what you are feeling.
I have taken the Bible verses each day and am writing them on a calendar so that I am constantly reminded of God’s word.  The verses also allow me to remember the stories that went with those verses.
I cannot recommend this book highly enough to new Christians or a seasoned Christian that needs to be reminded of God’s purposes in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment